Monday, August 22, 2011

First Day of School!!!

Today was Adelaide and Elizabeth's first day of school.  Adelaide is in 3K and Elizabeth is in the Owl room which is the 1's and 2's.  We were all super excited (Mommy more than anyone!) and Adelaide woke up bright and early (5:55 am) ready  to go. (Luckily I talked her into getting back in bed with us and she slept until 6:45 :-)  We got everyone dressed, teeth brushed and onto the porch for the annual picture with only minutes to spare!  Not sure if we got even one pic with BOTH kids looking at the camera but what's new?!?  Adelaide gets dropped off in the carpool line now and she was so excited and didn't hesitate when we pulled up and the teacher was there to greet her and help her out of her carseat.  It was a bittersweet moment seeing my oldest walk into the school without me.  Elizabeth still has to be brought in by mommy but she wanted to do it all by herself.  She was so excited to carry her backpack into the school (I swear it was as big as her) and she proudly walked down the hall saying "hi" to everyone.  Tears were in my eyes by this point but I did manage to snap off a few pic's.  She went into her classroom on her own and went right over to play with her friend Carson.  She didn't even cry when I left!  She is growing up WAY TOO FAST!!!   As difficult as it was to leave my babies, I did enjoy a "quiet" grocery trip followed by a trip to the dentist (do I know how to live or what?!?)
Sweet girls!

I'm am so proud of both of you girls! I'm a lucky mommy!!



Adelaide showing off her backpack and Elizabeth finally looking at the camera!




About to get out in the carpool line!


Just look at this sweet baby trying to get up the ramp with that backpack!












This is her buddy Carson from her class last year.  So nice to see a familiar face!


She's not too sure what's wrong with the boy behind her - I'm just hoping she doesn't start to cry too!




Here they are patiently waiting for their snack at (tears) the big kid table!!


Tried to get a shot of some of her friends after school...



Elizabeth finally decided to join us but didn't care about pictures - she just wanted Maggie's bow!!


Totally losing control!



0 comments:

Post a Comment